Bali, the capital of Indonesia, is a striking place and has been tempting many to book tickets on flights. The diversity within the city is staggering and one just needs to explore its two towns – Kuta and Ubud – to find that out.
Indonesia is a beautiful place. The country is also a unique one and is known to attract a diverse range of people to its shores. The island province of Bali is a well famed destination of Indonesia and represents the country’s multiplicity in the varying landscape that adorns it. Holiday makers who are making way to the country after having spent money on air tickets for Bali bound flights will be able to enjoy a string of temples as well as beaches. They will be able to take in the quaint beauty of remote locales as well as shopping at high-fashion stores. Kuta and Ubud are two regions in Bali that highlight the most contrasting facets of the province. These two places allow travellers to study and enjoy the island destination’s variedness in its truest form.
Kuta is not the kind of place you would have envisaged after laying hands around tickets on flights to Bali! The place is incredibly crowded and is supremely hectic. People who love to shop will find a great variety on offer, but it is mainly brand-name shopping that’s available in the district. Even when it comes to restaurants, people must be ready to shell out big money as elegant, full-service dining is the order of the day. However, there are many markets and eating joints that are not very pricey.
Many westerners booking tickets and boarding Bali bound flights find that the feel of Kuta is not very different from the bustling neighbourhood back home. The likes of Starbucks, McDonald’s, KFC, Pizza Hut, Polo Ralph Lauren and Nike add to the impression.
Things to do in
- Golfers among those who are boarding flights to the country would love it here at Kuta. The town’s championship golf course is extremely popular with sports lovers finding it an apt venue to test their ‘swinging’ skills. The course, with it being perched above limestone cliffs, will be a visual treat as well!
- Party lovers love the town and place it high on their itinerary while planning holidays and booking air tickets. Revellers can enjoy their time at many bars and clubs here. The Legian Street is the place to be for getting treated with great nightlife.
- Many spa lovers planning holidays in Bali, come to Kuta to get pampered with Balinese massage and spa treatments, another activity to makes Bali flights tickets well worth the money spent. All types of spas are available at Kuta, with all kinds of prices.
- Checking out the sunset from the beach is one activity that’s loved by all vacationers. In fact, pictures of the spectacular sun-set across the Indian Ocean taken from Kuta are perfect souvenirs for every holidaymaker booking tickets aboard Bali flights. Several beachside café’s and bars make the experience even more tempting for all.
Ubud is more like what tourists usually envisage when they book flights and holidays to the Far East tropical destinations! It is a perfect abode for cultural and artistically inclined seeking air tickets to Indonesia. It has very few beaches compared to Kuta but it is much greener and a lot calmer too. Not surprisingly, it is at Ubud where foreign tourists to Bali are to be found in high numbers. Yoga is a big ticket item here and so are the spa retreats.
Things to do in
- An expedition to the myriad temples and historical sites at Ubud is a common activity that most westerners booking flights for holidays in Bali plan to embark on. Pura Kehen (Kehen Temple), Goa Gajah (Elephant Cave), Puri Saren Agung (Royal Palace, Water Palace), Gunung Kawi (Poet Mountain) are some of the most popular sites.
- Ubud’s Art Market is incredibly popular with holiday makers who want to take in the very element of Bali. In fact, many travel operators promote market tours as popular outdoor activity and these can be enquired about and booked along with flights tickets.
- Exploring the Monkey Forest is another popular activity for wildlife lovers disembarking flights at Bali. Several hundred monkeys can be found in the forest here.
- Ubud is the hub of art and culture in Bali. Check out the different art galleries and museums in the town. Culture enthusiasts securing tickets on flights to the island destination must plan a visit to the Blanco Renaissance Museum and the Museum Puri Lukisan.
- People must experience the holistic medicine therapies in the town. Several spas and meditation centres have been established here, with the likes of reiki healers, herbal medicine units, and acupuncture practitioners available.
Being the cultural hub, Ubud’s entertains its discerning guests with a number of cultural performances taking place daily or on select days. Barong Dance, Pura Dale, Legong dance are some of the unique dance forms most culture lovers booking tickets on Bali flights love to watch. Many of the local dances, and rituals that are still performed in Ubud originated some four hundred years ago.