Holidaymakers who have booked tickets for Vancouver for the period of July-August can contemplate adding SummerFest 2014 to their itineraries. Here’s some info about the event which allows travellers to spend time like a local in Canada.
SummerFest 2014, Vancouver has already rung the bell of commencement at Lonsdale Quay Market on 27th June. Travellers boarding flights to visit this city in Canada can be a part of this event till August 31st. This fest allows holidaymakers to add an incredible shopping experience to their travel diaries while enjoying life like a local. This market always remains in the top priorities of vacationers investing in tickets to fly to Vancouver. Not only a shopper’s paradise, this area is also known for offering most spectacular picturesque sceneries from the North Shore’s waterfront. Read on to know a little more about this fest.
About the Market
Lonsdale Quay Market was opened in 1986 as a marketplace offering carnival-styled shopping experience. Today, it has been transformed into a diversified shopping precinct in the Lower Lonsdale Area. While roaming around one would come across numerous fresh food vendors, artisans and retail shops.
Major Highlights of SummerFest 2014
- Art lovers, spending money on tickets aboard flights to this splendid metropolis in Canada, plan their weekend here to get their faces painted with intriguing designs. Moreover, visitors with kids can choose from spectacular balloon designs. Tattoo lovers can get inked temporarily with tattoos made by Mehndi and Henna. All this is happening from Friday to Sunday as well as on holidays that are falling on Monday.
- Fridays are full of fun here. There are numerous activities that are sure to give flights to the fancies of holidaymakers with varied choices and interests. Dance lovers might consider skipping or postponing their lunch as they can use this time to learn Zumba. Free classes, organized by experienced dancers of North Shore Z Crew. Travellers can buy train tickets or bus tickets to reach here on Fridays to join the class which is scheduled from 12 noon to 1 pm.
- Enthusiasm of dancers continues on Saturdays as well. One can enjoy interactive lessons of popular dances forms such as Salsa, Merengue and Bachata. Classes are taking place in the outdoor area which is considered as the most beautiful location in Vancouver. Holidaymakers disembarking flights at Vancouver can visit here not only to be a part of dance sessions but also to soothe their senses with the dazzling outdoor views.
- Visitors can also join yoga classes at the South Plaza. These free classes are available from 1630 to 1730 hrs. This also takes place in the outdoor area. On a rainy day, 2nd floor will be used yoga sessions and dance lessons. Go through their official website to check the line up which comprises of bands/singers playing Jazz, Pop, Rock and Vintage Blues.
- Music lovers grabbing tickets to board flights bound for Vancouver can visit this marketplace on Sundays to enjoy live music performances of various bands and singers.