Astounding the world with its magical aura, Kenya is one country that never lets its visitors take a sigh of boredom and entertains them with its majestic charm and astonishing beauty. Rich with exquisite natural marvels, timeless traditions untouched by the superficiality of the modern world, equatorial forests housing terrific species of wildlife and mighty snow-capped mountains crowning the splendid horizon, Kenya offers more than one can expect!
Every year hordes of travellers plan holiday tour and take tickets on flights to Kenya to unveil a world that echoes the innocence of a child and romance of a passionate lover. The fact that Kenya is one of the best tourist destinations in East Africa can be realized from the fact that the nation offers amazing facilities to the visitors ranging from efficient transport system, popular hotels and pulsating shopping attractions.
Kenya is a country that interests travellers with its native flora and exotic fauna. The vivacious cultures and attractive traditions of the country too act as tempting factors for tourists. The country features an excellent tourism infrastructure that results in an ever increasing influx of travellers on flights to Kenya.
Important Tourist Destination in Kenya
Some of the popular tourist destinations in Kenya are Nairobi, Mombasa, Malindi, Ukunda and Masai Mara.
- Location – Eastern Africa
- Time – EAT (UTC+3) (Summer (DST)
- Capital – Nairobi
- Area – 582,650 square Kilometres (approx.)
- Population – 43,013,341 (2012 estimate)
- Currency – Kenyan shilling (KES)
- Calling Code – +254
- Official Language(s) – English, Kiswahili
- Largest City – Nairobi
- Religion – Protestant 45%, Roman Catholic 33%, indigenous beliefs 10%, Muslim 10%, other 2%
- Government – Republic
- Visa – For information on Visa procedures and regulations, travellers must check the visa guidelines from the relevant embassy/ consulate or consult their travel agent.
Kenya Culture and Lifestyle
Travellers make a beeline to grab cheap flights to Kenya to explore the vibrant melange of cultures of the nation. From the ancient records of early man to the modern-day world, Kenya is one nation that transcends beyond ages and beyond eras. Kenya stands on a traditional tribal culture that contributes to its vibrant lifestyle, folk dances, theatre, literature and much more. The locals of this remarkable nation see and describe their culture in a dynamic framework that symbolises receptiveness to the ever-changing social, economic, political and technological milieu.
Best Time to Visit Kenya
Though cheap flights to Kenya stay highly popular among the travellers all year long, the sale of the flight tickets to the country goes up during certain months of the year. The months between January to March are considered as the best time to visit Kenya as the region stays sunny and dry during the period and comfortable to travel around.
The months between April and June and October and December are comparatively lesser popular times among travellers taking flight tickets to Kenya. The months bring along heavy rain showers that often cause turbulence in the holiday experience of the travellers. However, these months can be quoted as ‘best time to visit’ for those who want to avoid heavy crowds and wish to relish their holidays in a personalised manner.
Popular Airlines to Kenya
British nationals will find an array of airlines operating direct flights, indirect flights, non-stop flights as well as cheap flights to Kenya from the United Kingdom. Here are a few options to choose from.
Travel Tips for Holidays in Kenya
- Travellers taking fights to Kenya should be mindful of exercising general safety precautions. Travelling to lonely areas after dark must be avoided. Travellers should also opt for an accommodation close to the major city centres and should prefer popular hotels over very cheap hotels.
- Though there are no strict dress codes in Kenya, the coastal area of the nation is said to be conservative. Thus, travellers must dress appropriately to avoid hurting local sentiments.
- Smoking in public areas is prohibited and anyone found violating the rule is liable to pay fine or/and imprisonment.
- Using and trafficking of illegal drugs in the country carries serious fines and jail sentences.
Travellers taking flight tickets to Kenya can find money exchange centres at all major banks, international airports and popular hotels of the country.
(Note: This destination guide is based on information gathered from reliable online sources and provides only general information about the destination. Travellers must read the updated travel advice for the destination on FCO’s website www.fco.gov.uk. Southall Travel holds no responsibility for any misrepresentation of facts and shall not be in any way liable for any kind of eventuality such as damages, loss, additional costs etc arising from the use of information given in this guide).