United Arab Emirates (UAE) eclectically conjures the awing images of a romantic getaway that eclectically blends old world charms with flamboyant glitz and glamour! In fact, one simply needs to hop on to one of the flights to UAE for a first hand experience of Arabic charms.
Be it a heart warming parade of dazzling attractions, popular hotels that redefine extravagance, shopping attractions that rival the best in the world, skyline dazzling with exemplary architectural feats, oodles of adventure activities or dollops of fun activities, UAE simply casts its spell even upon the most jaded traveller who are generally not so much inclined to spend on airfares and look for cheap flights to UAE.
Though Dubai, Sarjah and Abu Dhabi make for the major tourist influx in the country, other emirates are also worthy of exploration! Fujairah offers some of the idyllic sites for snorkelling and scuba-diving, Ras-al-Khamiah is renowned tourist destination for hiking adventures, and Umm Al Quwain is a famous archaeological site. Go through this UAE travel guide before boarding booking your flights tickets.
Important Tourist Destination in UAE
Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah, Umm al-Quwain
- Location: Bordering the Gulf of Oman and the Persian Gulf, between Oman and Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates is located in Southwest Asia.
- Time Zone: UTC+4
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Largest City: Dubai
- Government: Constitutional federation of absolute monarchies with an executive president elected by Emir Council.
- Area: (83,600 sq km) (approx)
- Population: 8,264,070 (2010 Estimate)
- Currency: UAE dirham (AED) is the official currency of UAE which is made up of 100 fils.
- Calling Code: 971
- Official Language(s): Arabic
- Religion: Emirati – 16.6%, Other Arabs and Iranian – 23%, South Asian, Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Chinese, Filipino, Thai, Westerners – 60.5%
- Visa information: For information about obtaining visa for UAE, British Nationals can visit the FCO website at www.fco.gov.uk or contact the relevant authorities.
UAE Culture and Lifestyle
UAE is predominantly Islamic nation and the cultures are shaped by the quaint Islamic traditions. Islam is more than just a religion in UAE, such that it has impact over the life, food, drink and clothing of natives.
With multi-ethnic denizens, communal harmony, low crime rate, superb health care system, infinite sightseeing gems, numerous shopping attractions, popular hotel chains and futuristic airports, UAE’s lifestyle ranks as one of the most desirable lifestyles. Here are some additional pointers on social conventions in UAE.
- Though the UAE is fairly modern, visitors must dress modestly and be courteous and respectful towards locals.
- Homosexuality and adultery are both illegal in UAE.
- It is imperative to keep displays of affection private. Being overly amorous in public may call for police caution or even arrest.
For further advice and tips on travelling to UAE, check out the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website www.fco.gov.uk
Best Time to Visit UAE
October to May remains the peak travel season with bright days and pleasant nights persuading a huge influx of tourists to hop on flights to UAE. Though, these months are best time to visit UAE, it is difficult to find cheap flight deals during this time of the year.
June and September remains the off tourism season for UAE. During this time of the year the temperature hover about 40 degrees Celsius and climate remains humid. Though these months are not considered to the best time to visit UAE, one can get the best of holiday deals with plenty of cheap accommodation and copious cheap flight deals.
Popular Airlines to UAE
There are plentiful options to grab flights tickets for UAE tourist destinations as numerous airlines offer direct flights, full service and cheap flights to UAE. Here are a few options to choose from.
Travel Tips for Holidays in UAE
UAE is certainly a disciplinarian when it comes to rules and regulations. Read on the following tips to plan unperturbed holidays to UAE.
- UAE is extremely hot and humid, so drink plenty of juices and water and avoid the sun as much as possible.
- Importing some prescribed and over the counter medicines without prior permission from the UAE Ministry of Health may be subject to prosecution under UAE laws.
- Prefer all-inclusive package holidays to UAE instead of looking for discount flights and cheap hotels separately.
- Get comprehensive travel insurance cover well in advance.
- Do not attempt to drive when drunk; this may result in severe penalties.
- Do not partake in drug consumption or trafficking, this may result to minimum prison sentence of four years.
Money exchange facilities are available at the airports and banks. Besides, there are licensed money changers operating out of the major shopping precincts.
(Note: This destination guide is based on information gathered from reliable online sources and provides only general information about the destination. Travellers must read the updated travel advice for the destination on FCO’s website www.fco.gov.uk. Southall Travel holds no responsibility for any misrepresentation of facts and shall not be in any way liable for any kind of eventuality such as damages, loss, additional costs etc arising from the use of information given in this guide).