Fierce competition in the aviation industry has led to airlines taking innovative steps for higher customer satisfaction. The article looks at unique products and services that two UAE based airlines, Emirates and Etihad, offer to lure travellers to book flight tickets with them.
With airlines the world over adopting cutting-edge technology and promoting increased level of customer satisfaction, air travelling is only becoming more desirable. Facilities like spacious seats have made way for lie-flat beds, boxed lunches have been overthrown by a la carte meals and entertainment is given significance when it comes to the airlines luring travellers to book flights with them. The European and American carriers made a head-start in this direction which transformed them into iconic brands of the industry. Emirates and Etihad, the Middle Eastern carriers from UAE may be late-entrants, yet they have gradually caught-up with their western counterparts. Armed with their supreme hospitality tenets and incredible array of passenger services and amenities, these airlines have in fact raised the bar for customer satisfaction. Read on to know about UAE based Etihad and Emirates’ unique offerings which ensure that buying air tickets with them delivers an enjoyable and memorable flight experience.
Etihad Airways, the national carrier of UAE, with its hub at Abu Dhabi, is known to delight flyers with some exclusive indulgences. Etihad operates direct flights from Abu Dhabi, UAE, to London, Manchester and Edinburgh in the United Kingdom. It connects many other cities in the UK with flights operated in partnership with its codeshare partners.
- The airline offers a comfortable flight experience across all classes. Its First Class cabins are ‘upholstered in Poltrona Frau leather’, the same that adorns the interior of a Ferrari. Besides, there is a dedicated chef for each passenger who books tickets for First Class Travel!
- Travellers booking Etihad flights can make use of the Etihad Meet & Greet Service, which is a novel initiative of the airline to ensure a hassle-free experience at Abu Dhabi International Airport for fliers and their family, friends and business clients.
- Passengers arriving and departing London Heathrow can relax and unwind at Etihad Airways First & Business Class Lounge.
- Passengers booking tickets for airline’s premium class flights can enjoy Etihad Chauffeur in over 25 cities, throughout the world. It is a door-to-door luxury sedan service, complete with a personal chauffeur. Etihad Chauffeur can be booked online. Further, free coaches between Abu Dhabi International Airport and Dubai and Al Ain are provided to passengers flying with the UAE’s national carrier.
- Etihad’s flights popularity among families is escalated by its policy to let people pool the Etihad Guest Miles earned by anyone in their family into one single account. This allows family members to share and enjoy benefits of the frequent flyer programme. Moreover, by nominating a Family Head, patrons can fashion a ‘Family Membership’ with up to eight Family Guests allowed to join.
- With the carrier’s Premium Connect, luxury seekers can book their travel aboard a private jet or a helicopter, serviced by the award-wining operator from the UAE, the Royal Jet and the leading aviation service provider Falcon Aviation Services, respectively.
Another carrier from the UAE, Emirates is regarded one of the ‘fastest-growing’ airlines in the world. Emirates offers eight daily direct flights between Dubai and London aboard the very latest aircraft, including the A380. Besides London in the UK, Emirates offers tickets for flights to and from Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Comfortable seating is one of the highlights of Emirates across all classes. First Class flyers will surely appreciate the opulence of the airline’s Private Suites, each fully-equipped with a sliding door, a personal mini-bar, changeable ambient lighting, on-demand entertainment on touch screen televisions. Vanity table, mirror and wardrobe are other features in the Private Suites. All Emirates A380 and Airbus A340-500, and most Boeing 777 aircraft have Private Suites.
- Flyers boarding Emirates’ flights to and from the UK can access the airline’s lounges not just at Heathrow but also Gatwick Airport in London, subject to eligibility.
- Emirates Airlines allows the usage of mobile phones on its select flights. Select A380s and Boeing B777s also feature GPRS/EDGE services.
- Emirates has the largest fleet of A380s, the world’s biggest passenger aircraft, and perhaps the most popular and sought after too for a unrivalled flying experience. The Emirates’ A380s, currently, fly to over 30 destinations around the world. The abundant availability of tickets for economy and the premium class seats across its fleet of A380s certainly makes Emirates a preferred choice for those looking to book A380 flights to Dubai in UAE and beyond.
- Parents flying with children will be able to enjoy Emirates’ priority boarding and will have access to changing tables and a complimentary stroller at the Dubai International Airport.
- The carrier’s Emirates Executive is about luxury of flying in private jets, which, replete with aesthetically designed Private Suites and most extraordinary and unmatched passenger facilities, fly both within and outside the airline’s network.
- Skywards Skysurfers programme offers hosts of rewards for children who are frequent travellers. Miles earned on booking air tickets can be redeemed for free flights, as well as toys and books. Free trips to Dubai’s Wild Wadi Water Park can also be availed with miles earned.